Programs & Activities
Fishing Derby (ages 13 and under)
16th Annual Children’s Fishing Derby
Registration to be available next week!
Sponsored by The Watford City Park District, US Forest Service, ND Game & Fish, Badlands Toms National Wild Turkey Federation Chapter, and the City of Watford City
All children ages 13 and under and their families are welcome to participate in the fishing activities and all registered participants will receive a free pole. This FREE event is a great way to enjoy a morning of fishing as well as introduce someone to a lifelong activity! The event this year will look different than years past but we are so excited to still be able to safely provide this great event!
Take note of the following changes:
1. We will work in two sessions this year. The first session from 8:00 am - 9:30 am and the second session from 10:00 am - 11:30 am. Each session will be able to hold a max of 90 participants, this ensure proper distancing around the pond and helps controls numbers as we abide by established guidelines.
2. To ensure your spot, you must pre-register, this guarantees you one of the 90 spots available each session. Each person will need to register and have their own spot, so families please register every child. Registering the morning of will still be an option but will not guarantee you a spot. Once the 90 spots are filled registration will be closed.
3. We want to avoid congregating in groups and avoid overlapping between sessions. If you are in Session 1 we would ask you to leave at 9:30 so we can prepare for the next session.
4. There will be no lunch provided this year, but we do encourage you to support a local restaurant after this event.
5. Door prizes will be available and each kid will receive tickets to choose which prizes they attempt to win.
1. If you signed up for Session 1, you will be designated to check in at check in table 1. Location will be communicated to you before the event through email and signage the day of event.
2. If you signed up for Session 2, you will also be designated to check in at check in table 2. Location will be communicated to you before the event through email and signage the day of event.
3. Those looking to drop in will be directed to a drop in table directed by signage at the event.
4. Upon registration you will be assigned a fishing spot along the pond.
Additional registration procedures will be updated as we get closer to June 13th.
Date: June 13th
Ages: 13 and under
Time:Session 1 - 8:00 am to 9:30 am / Session 2 - 10:00 am to 11:30 am
Registration: Will be available next week.
Location: Kent Pelton Nature Park (Watford City Fishing Pond)
Dates: Saturday, Jun 13, 2020 09:00 AM - 12:00 PM