Programs & Activities
Blast Ball (Age 3)
Thanks for working with us with this accelerated process caused by CV19.
Any questions can be directed to Joshua Nollmeyer at email@example.com
Registration: Early Bird Registration ends June 19th and Late Registration ends June 26th.
Dates: Starts week of July 6th and ends week of July 27th.
WE NEED VOLUNTEER COACHES: Please indicate during the registration process that you are interested in coaching. Haven't coached before? NO worries, we provide practice plans, guidance, and work with you to create a great environment for the kids. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or to inquire more about coaching.
Schedule: Will be developed after teams are formed. Tuesday nights will look to be utilized.
Waiver: We will be requiring a COVID - 19 waiver that will be required before one can participate.
Communication: We ask that you register with an accurate and up to date email as we communicate during this program.
Social Media: Like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/wcpr1/?eid=ARARiBwQtGrqp-GjhsNIorJMp0NAIoVOQRO1quw1DbqSIc6Rq4Dei8odwTv65CAMr8fcw_yRHWe5_AIE and Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/wcparksandrecreation/ for additional information.
We do ask that everyone be familiar with Individual COVID- 19 CDC safety measures as we work together
It’s important you know that Blast Ball isn’t just good for fun and a initial entry the game of baseball/softball, this game is a ; because getting along and sportsmanship is one of the best things a child could learn at a young age.
Success = Process!
Waterford City Recreation's Mission: To create recreational opportunities that promote community cohesion and love of recreation while meeting the needs of our community.
Program Mission: To introduce kids to sport and most importantly the values associated with sports.
What to expect: Each week kids age 3 will have the opportunity to play games on Tuesday and Thursday for the month of June. We expect games to be fun and for the interactions between all involved as positive. Lets have Fun!
Goal: To provide an environment for young kids to have a positive experience in recreation through the game, volunteer coaches, and interactions with other players.
Below is the basic set up and gameplay of Blast Ball!
Game Set Up
- Place the Tee at home base
- Place one of the blastball bases 50ft away from home blastball base
- 10ft away, draw an arc connecting first and third base lines
- There are no outs
- No scores are to be recorded
- Each team usually holds 5-9 players, but this is something that can be changed (take not for bigger teams, this will take a lot longer)
- In offense, each member gets an unlimited number of turns at home plate until they hit a decent fair ball
- In offense, per round, each member has their turn
Moves for each batter
- After hitting a fair ball, player runs to the blastball base then returns to home plate (no 2nd or 3rd base)
- Next batter comes up and remember, every team member gets their turn and gets to keep trying until they make it!
- All members of the defensive team must stay at least 40 feet away from home plate to allow for a little challenge.
- When the ball has been hit, defensive members try to catch the ball or field it.
- If the ball has been caught or fielded, the defense member must year “Blast!” but of course, it doesn’t count if the batter has already made it to first base.
COVID - 19: Rough Rider Center & Watford City Park District - WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT
The Following information important to remember as you choose to participate in Recreation Programming.In consideration for receiving permission to BE ON PREMISES at the Rough Rider Center and Watford City Parks and to use (the organization’s) facilities and equipment and to participate in Rough Rider and Watford City Recreation/Park District programs and events (collectively “Activity or Activities”), I, on behalf of myself and any minor child/children for whom I have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and am familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) and State of North Dakota (“ND”) guidelines regarding COVID-19. I acknowledge and understand that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC and ND guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself with the most recent updates.
2. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I readily acknowledge, I hereby willingly choose to participate in Activities.
3. I acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my being on the premises and participating in the Activities and hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself and any minor children from whom I have the capacity to contract) Rough Rider Center and Watford City Park District, its officers, directors, agents, employees and assigns (the “RELEASEES”) from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result of my being on the premises and participating in the Activities.
4. I shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation), attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements, whether of in-house or outside counsel and whether or not an action is brought, on appeal or otherwise), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury.
5. It is my express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed, as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVEVANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted and controlled according to the laws of the State of North Dakota. I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS WAIVER WAS EXPRESSLY NEGOTIATED AND IS A MATERIAL INDUCEMENT FOR THE PERMISSION GRANTED BY RELEASEES TO BE ON PREMISES AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ACTIVITIES.
Dates: Tuesday, Jul 7, 2020 05:30 PM - Thursday, Jul 30, 2020 08:30 PM